By now, I'm pretty sure everyone has caught up to what's been going on around the world with the pandemic, and I know during this time most of us are stuck at home. For me, I try to find ways to entertain myself and produce content. There are days I don't feel motivated and others days I'm really driven to do something creative and fun. I have really surprised myself with finding ways to take my instagram photos myself. Below are some helpful tips and ways you can do so too at home.
1. For starters, It is important to have a good quality camera or phone, because you want to get the best quality of images possible. If you don't have, a good editing app can help the quality of your photos come out great. My favorites apps are Vsco, Lightroom and Facetune
2. Invest in a tripod, this is not absolutely needed. But its easier to have because you want your phone or camera to be placed perfectly. I got a tripod that came with a remote control from Amazon, which is better for me than using a self timer. I noticed that when I use the selftimer, my picture quality isn't as great as using the remote. But which ever works better for you, use it
3. Get a backdrop, this is great especially if you don't really want to take pictures with the background of your house showing. Try a cotton or silk sheet as a backdrop.
3. Get some props: theses are great for just adding a nice aesthetic to your photo, I love using magazines. You can use a stool or a nice couch, try different poses and figure out the ones you are comfortable with. This may sound funny but using fruits can make your photos look better and arty (depending on the look you are going for)
Plants or flowers are also great for an earthy look. Also try using a mug, for a "I just woke up look" or a casual photo.
4. If you have a backyard, use it! especially if its big. Play around with your environment, you can even bring the backdrop outside.
5. Use different corners of your house, take pictures in your bedroom if it fits your aesthetics. Try your kitchen as well, maybe take one on the floor in a corner with a white clean wall, try to be creative with it and don't forget to have fun.
6. The best time to take your photos are sunset and sunrise. Take advantage of that natural light. I have a selfie light and I can count how many times I have used it. Make sure wherever you take your picture, that there is good natural light reflecting.
Let me know in the comments if you have any other tips you have tried, or let me know what you think. I really hope this has been insightful for you. Don't forget to have fun and don't think of it as work because it can get stressful.
Until next time,